Saraf® ME Dyes (Bifunctional Dyes)
These are mixed bifunctional reactive dyes where Vinyl Sulphone group is linked to chromophore through a monochloro triazine group as a bridge link. They are applicable on cellulosic material at lower dyeing temperature of 60ºC. The main features of Bifunctional Dyes are as under:
1. The dye-fibre bond between Vinylsulfone group and cellulose is stable to acid hydrolysis, so that stability of dyed goods in industrial acidic atmosphere is very good with the time lapse.
2. The dyes which are not fixed during the dyeing process can be washed off easily because the hydrolysis dye has low substantivity and thus there is a little risk of staining of adjacent whites.
3. Excellent levelling properties.
4. Better reproducibility in dyeings.
5. High exhaustion and high fixation efficiency.
6. Good all round fastness properties.Bi-functional dyes are applicable on cellulosic materials by dyeing as well as printing methods.